Friday 1 August 2014

Hauntings Launch

Hauntings: An AnthologyYesterday I travelled up to Manchester for the launch of Hauntings from Hic Dragones, which contains my story The Man In Blue Boots. It was a really fun event, with readings, a raffle, and free wine. It took place in the International Anthony Burgess Foundation, which was a great venue - if only it was closer to home! I think my reading went down well, and several people afterwards said they liked it so hopefully I'm not deluded (well, not about that anyway). I was especially chuffed and grateful to the people who said my story was one of their favourites in the book, especially as I had to then rather shamefacedly admit I'd not read any of Hauntings at that point (I started it on the train back today).

It was great to meet some of the writers from the book in the flesh, even if some only fleetingly: so hello to Rachel Halsall, Tracy Fahey, Michael Hitchins, Jeanette Greaves, Sarah Peploe, Daisy Black, Mark Forshaw and of course Hannah Kate, head honcho of Hic Dragones.

Hauntings is available from the Hic Dragones site, or from Amazon (UK | US). Naturally I'm biased but based on the quality of the readings and the stories I've read so far, it's a book I'm really pleased to be part of.

Edit: this is what I looked like, apparently:


3 comments:

Mark F said...

Hello back, James. It was a pleasure to meet you at the launch, albeit briefly, and especially great to hear you read from your menacing and evocative tale, "The Man In Blue Boots."

Anonymous said...

I'm halfway through, and all the stories are very good.

James Everington said...

Thanks Mark, and I look forward to reading your story in the book after the teaser of your reading on Thursday...